Free In-Home Assessment
- We will set up a time which is acceptable to the homeowner, with enough time to discuss their project. We determine all details of the project and what the homeowners budget is first, prior to discussing material selections and designs. This process ensures that you, as the homeowner understand what can be done within your comfortable budgetary range and it also provides us with guidelines in our design and material selection offerings, rather than planning towards a no-ceiling and costly renovation. Until a complete set of working drawings are complete, it is difficult to give a firm quotation for a project, but we will try to provide you with some idea of the type of renovation you can expect given your budget.
- Once a budget has been established, working drawings are complete (if required), and specifications set out for the scope of work, Jansz Interiors will provide you with quotation that will include all aspects of the renovation. We will also provide a clear and concise written contract, which explains the obligations of both Jansz Interiors and you as the homeowner i.e. payments, change orders, site conditions, guarantees, and other assurances.
Initial Work Begins
- After all the details of work are determined, and a quotation has been accepted, planning for your project begins: materials are ordered. This stage is crucial and requires great effort by ALL parties, as a delayed or improperly selected material can cause major delays during renovations, at great costs.
Finishing Work Begins
- Prior to the commencement of any work, we prepare your home for construction. Temporary partitions are set up (if required), floors are protected, and tools are placed in a designated area. Work then begins with demolition and preparations are made for rough-in construction work such as plumbing, electrical, mechanical systems, and rough carpentry. Progress payments for work are dispersed as set out in the quotation.
- Once the foundation has been set in place for the finishing work, and all foundation construction has been completed, the gratifying elements of your project will start to take shape. Again, progress payments for work are dispersed as set out your quotation.
- After the construction of your project is complete, you will be asked to review the work and give final approval. We will then inform you of any regular maintenance required to protect your investment.